Friday 29 April 2011

Denis Lynch to jump on Irish teams

Horse Sport Ireland has confirmed that Denis Lynch has committed to jumping on the Irish show jumping team in 2011.

Denis has indicated that he would like to be considered for selection for top level Nations' Cups and the European Championships in Madrid in September.

Team Ireland Equestrian Show Jumping Manager Robert Splaine said that he was pleased that this matter had now been concluded.

"The Irish team and getting the best possible results for Ireland is all that matters to me. We need to move on now and focus on that objective" he said.

Denis Lynch commented: “With the issues raised by all parties now dealt with to everyone’s satisfaction, I am pleased to make myself available for selection for the Irish show jumping team in 2011. I have always been proud to represent my country and the aim now is that the Irish team will have as successful a season as is possible. I believe, with everyone focused and working together, this will mean the Irish team qualifying for the 2012 Olympics in London. This has to be our minimum aim for this year and I look forward to helping in any way I can to achieve this goal with the Irish team".

This information will also appear on HSI website www.horsesportireland.ie

NB: This information is from an unedited media release from Horse Sport Ireland

No comments:

Post a Comment